6.04.2007

where to start?

Hey! Sorry. . . I do apologize for the lack of "communication" lately. I'll try and give you a quick idea of what I've been up to lately. It's definitely been a fun month, one of many opportunities, and a few realizations. So, here goes. . .
This is Sara and I. Sara is a British friend that I met when I lived in Osaka -- we went to a Bible study together at the International Church there, and I can't tell you how meaningful it has been to get to know her, and share together with her and Aya (a Japanese Canadian friend). It's amazing how God brings people together, and how you grow through / with each person you meet.
Having powdered green tea and sweets wrapped in leaves (you don't eat the leaf, at least this time ;-) while looking out onto the Japanese garden (sorry I don't have a shot of that for you!!)
I heard about this waterfall nearby, so we attempted to find it, asking people along the way, getting higher up into the mountains on skinnier and skinnier roads, and finally, there it was! :-) I'm sorry, but I do live in a very beautiful place here, I must say!
Carp streamers flying for Boys' Day on May 5th. Many families with boys put up these poles and string up these beautifully coloured windsocks. It's sometimes difficult to see them in the city, so it was neat to catch them flying here.
Isn't this neat? It was actually on our way to the waterfall. . . and I was just overwhelmed by the beauty of Japanese countryside, and the fact that there were surprises like this along the way. I have no idea what these buildings are used for, but the cliffs dropped into the river below, and it was so picturesque!

No comments: