8.31.2005


The charm and mystery of Japanese culture. . . something that attracts me to this country as I'm drawn into traditions and history that stretch back many, many generations. In particular, Nara, as the first permanent capital of Japan established in 710, is a city that maintains an area of many older homes, and boasts an impressive collection of temples (including the largest wooden building in the world), and shrines (one of which the road leading towards it is lined with thousands of stone lanterns, lit once during the O'Bon festival in August). The city also offers (for a price) "people-driven" carriage rides, along with narration of the area, through it's historical streets.  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures roomie (well...former roomie!). My list of blogs is getting sooooooo long but I'm excited to see more pictures here! Love you lots!