11.17.2005

You can't live here without. . .

. . . having caught a sense of the Japanese love and pride for their "Fuji-san" (Mt. Fuji). Although it may become more than a beautiful piece of nature to some, being able to see this magnificent mountain (clearly) from my hotel window for the 3 days I spent at the Church Planting (CPI) conference was wonderful!! Not only that, the conference itself was amazing!!! God definitely used the speakers, words spoken and the people I met there to encourage, refresh and challenge me. Sometimes even the most basic ideas, spoken again or in a new way, have a way of meeting us in a special and fresh way. Praise God. . . that He is working here. . . and that He is using people (Japanese and missionaries) accross the country who are passionate about Him to share from their heart. Pray that we foreigners will be "out of work" here. . . I want to challenge you with a quote from this conference that has impacted me deeply, and I pray that I will remember daily as I realize how Jesus is working in and changing my life. "You cannot commend what you don't cherish." May we cherish our Saviour and Lord above all!!! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I'm the first to comment on this special day...for all those reading asking "what is this special day?", well, I'll tell you! It's Karis' Birthday today!!! Happy Birthday to one of my favorite former roomies!!! I hope you've had a blessed day!

Stefi said...

Its so pretty....not even in Calgary can you see them so clear. :P lucky monkey!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARIS!
love, bob :)