4.05.2007

for your viewing pleasure. . .

A few pieces of English I found in the train station on my way back from Osaka this weekend. . . in case you're wondering, no, there is no "trick" to "getting" the English. . . it's supposed to not make sense?!?
I basically consider it a "fun bonus" for foreigners here. . . you know, on those days when the culture is really "getting to" you. . . and just need something to lighten things up. . . works every time!
This is not my order, by the way -- visited a little town along the ocean with a friend, and when you're by the ocean, there's nothing better than. . . raw fish, fish eggs, seaweed and other random things from the sea on rice, right?!
A train (ie. regular city train -- basically like our "buses" if you can dare compare the two) I was on in Osaka this weekend -- TV screens in the middle telling you exactly where you are, and advertising mascara or something like that on the right. . . (I keep trying to "fool" the ticket machine at the gates, by putting in my train card upside down or backwards, but it always manages to figure things out and correctly prints out the amount I have left on the card -- the price from station to station is different for almost every stop and this is automatically calculated by electronic info on the ticket or card and printed in a matter of nanoseconds. . .) This country never ceases to amaze and boggle me!

1 comment:

Stefi said...

Ha Ha good luck on foolin the ticket machine. if it ever works ill be supprised! anyways i have to go eat and such cause im going out with some friends from work tonight.. and tomorrow being good friday gotta go out and get the stuff i need.... im workin that day tho.. and my grandparents are back so they are going to pick me up sunday after work for easter dinner... What are you doing for easter this year hun?
Well
"happy spring"
Steph