12.24.2005

December reflections. . .

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!! We were all surprised to see how much snow there was this week (I was very excited, others weren't so much!) Although it melted rather quickly, it made for a very pretty world of white, and. . . I think Christmas is just better with snow!

At the beginning of December, there was a baptism at the church!!! Yohei (jr. high student) and Cambria Hiebert (part of the missionary family here) took the plunge! Very exciting to hear their testimonies, and be encouraged about how God is working in their lives

Playing games together after the "Canadian Christmas Dinner" we hosted last weekend. . . interesting how quickly the salads went (as compared with meat!!), but I think everyone really enoyed it! Of course, in keeping with the theme for the night, I had to introduce them to a truly "North American" game (?!) -- spoons!! I think it was a little on the "wild" side for a few, and I hope I didn't ruin the "Canadian reputation" over here (after all, it's a pretty big responsibility!! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the snow may not have lasted long but it makes for a good christmas!

I honestly dont know what christmas without snow is like...guess i will see when i am in calgary(tomorrow) EEE!

Merry Christmas!

Lv,
Steph
(i am too lazy to log in!)