1.24.2006

So, this is Christmas. . .

. . . reality check. . . so I was already having a few identity issues about "visiting Canada" for 2 weeks, when I fell, out skating with my dad and brother. Ok, so I wasn't that great at it even when I did live there. . . It was definitely a lot of fun to skate out on the little river like 1/4 of a mile away from my house -- first time ever, so I guess you can't say there was NO benefit to all the rain. . .
Bob and I at New Year's -- yeah, I'm guessing that's probably quite "self-explanatory" for many of you. . . Had a great time hanging out with a few Bethany friends at Rochelle and Harley's place! Bring on the bowl game, Cranium, and a whole lot of Rochelle's amazing fruit and taco dip (NOT the same thing, in case you were wondering!)
My "new and expanded" family. . . Absolutely fabulous to spend time with my family -- laughing, playing games by the fireplace, and being together!! And it was nothing but amazing to finally meet my Acacia (niece). . . definitely one fab girl who holds a big place in my heart!! Hard to explain how proud and blessed I feel. . .

Kristin, Foord -- I apologize, well, in retrospect. . .?! Yeah, sorry, no privacy regulations on these blogs. . . I can't say how much I love all of you, my friends, and how incredible it was to spend time together -- reminisce, be crazy and share our hearts.
The continuation of New Year's (sorry, I'm too scared to try moving things around in here because I've had it backfire before. . . and you know how often I write, so that could end up being more than a little detrimental ;-) Out in Rochelle's backyard (before being bombarded by snowballs) enjoying her hot tub in the, well, early hours of the morning. . .

I have to say that I was blessed to spend with all of you at home during my time there -- I was refreshed by seeing you. I often remember you, pray for you and miss being with you. Thanks for enriching my life in so many ways!! XOXO

5 comments:

Sharon said...

It was great seeing you, too, Karis!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast...I didnt take many photos this christmas!!! but i still had fun...glad to hear yu had a blast...and the baby looks SO cute!!!!!

:D:D:D!!!!!

Take care karis,
love,
steph

Stefi said...

oh and i must add...i myself am in that yeah thats right i can skate...even though i can almost not even stand on them! lol
yeah the figure skating lessons when i was little didnt turn out that well!

Anonymous said...

Hey, karis that night was so much fun. Only with you do i take crazy a** pictures. Thanks for the good times. Kristin

bob said...

Wow! I feel special that I am in 2 of your Christmas pictures! I had such a blast with you while you were here and I can not wait to see you in April!!