2.13.2007

I love you more than applesauce

I love you more than applesauce,
Than peaches and a plum,
Than chocolate hearts and cherry tarts,
And berry bubblegum.

I love you more than marzipan,
Than marmalade on toast,
Oh I love pies of any size,
But I love you the most!

*Jack Prelutsky*

and my version. . .

I love you more than lazy summer days,
Than pineapple and strawberries in fondue,
Than getting mail and hiking a trail,
And rowing in a canoe.

I love you more than music or dancing,
Than a good-old weiner roast,
Oh I love mochi and azuki beans,
But I love you the most!

(FYI "mochi" is a soft, gooey rice "cake" that is often eaten with azuki beans that have been softened, sweetened, and formed into a paste -- all I can say is "YUM!!")

I used this poem with some of my classes this week and got them to write their own original poems. I was soo impressed with the things they came up with -- like themes on nature, animals, romance, food, Korean TV dramas, sports, alcohol (that was a 45 year old woman). . . It might seem hard at first, but once you get going it's hard to narrow things down. Let me know what you create!
Sending my love to you, my dear friends and family, this Valentine's! We love because we have been loved. Thanks for being you -- I love you.

2 comments:

Stefi said...

Happy Valentines day to you too sweet-pea!

Later
Lv,
Steph

Sharon said...

I love the idea of using that poem for english classes!

Happy Valentines day!