10.15.2006

just a little exploring!

Here is the newest member of my "family" out here. . . pretty cute, eh? Yeah, we're getting to be good friends already -- still working on names (any inspirations?) So, this is where we've been to lately. . .
It's called "Hirato bashi" (Hirato bridge), and there is a really neat pathway near the river, lined with baby bamboo trees -- I love the bamboo here!
This is the scene I fell in love with when I was driving over the bridge with some students (on our way to eat the river fish that I posted about a while back). . . I love the rocks, trees, and the river winding through.


So, for one afternoon, this was my little "sanctuary", a spot on the rocks with my feet in the water, hearing it rushing past me. . .

1 comment:

Stefi said...

Ooo So pretty! reminds me of banff!!! mmm...nice calm places away from the city!!! its about 11:30 pm here... and i cant sleep... so i went exploring...we have no food in the house, this is the only place anyone has updated there "journals" and CSI is not that interesting at the moment and spunk wont stop chewing his cage.

Anyways, yes the photos are so pretty... your looking good! i read your mass e0mail but will wait a bit befor filling the inbox with steffi e-mails! lol

Im off to try to sleep again...then after class tomorrow im going to pick up photos...i have no clue what they are im kinda excited..if they turned out and such i will post em!

Take care,
g'night

L.
Steph